Arsenal and Tottenham’s Champions League battle decided in latest supercomputer prediction

A supercomputer has predicted that Tottenham will beat Arsenal in the top four this season, with Spurs just edging out the Gunners at the end of the campaign. It comes after a week that completely upset the balance of the Champions League qualification race.

It was thought Arsenal were in charge, but with defeats to Crystal Palace and Brighton after the international break, the momentum stalled. Major injuries have also hampered the squad, with fitness issues for Kieran Tierney and Thomas Partey leaving the squad thin and off balance.

Discussing the tough defeat, Mikel Arteta said after the game against Brighton: “What happens is we get criticized a lot again. Let’s get slapped again because we deserve it a lot and we were really poor in the first halftime, then we get up.

READ MORE:

“We know that this road is not leading us anywhere, especially with where we want to be. We have everything to play in the last eight games and we have to have that energy and visualize the beautiful challenge ahead of us and not sit and see what happens.”

The opposite can be said of Antonio Conte and Tottenham lately, who have become one of the in-form teams in the Premier League. A 5-1 thrashing of Newcastle was followed by a 4-0 loss at Aston Villa, taking the side to fourth place and three points clear of Arsenal.

Conte was also asked about the battle for the top four and said after Saturday’s win: “I said that before Arsenal, United and then Wolverhampton and West Ham were with us in the same race for a League place. of champions Knowing that your opponent are losing their matches, and of course they have to give you the good desire, the good will to get three points because in a hand you know our rivals lose the match if we lose, but we are still in fourth place.”

In light of the result, football predictors FiveThirtyEight have released their recent stats and the chances of each team finishing at a particular location at the end of the season. They currently have Tottenham finishing fourth on 69 points, two ahead of Arsenal on 67.

In total, they give Spurs a 65 per cent chance of qualifying for the Champions League, while the Gunners have 33 per cent and Manchester United have an outside shot with 2 per cent. This shows how much favor has swung over the past week.

However, as the week has shown, things can change in the blink of an eye. With so much football to play and the two former rivals set to face off yet again, there is even more chance of a twist before the final top four standings are known.

About Mariel Baker

Check Also

AMD Releases Latest Consistent Device Memory Mapping Linux Code – Designed for Frontier

Over the past year, we have seen various patches released by AMD engineers with a …