Trusted Media Brands is a leading global media company reaching hundreds of millions of consumers through our dynamic portfolio of media properties. We offer best-in-class insights and data-driven marketing solutions that reach engaged communities across food, home, lifestyle and wellness content; and now, following our August 2021 acquisition of Jukin Media, a leading digital entertainment company, we are also engaging audiences in the pet, comedy and active lifestyle verticals. In total, we reach nearly 100 million people worldwide and deliver more than two billion minutes of monthly video viewing on streaming TV and social media. Check out what’s new from FailArmy, Taste of Home, The Pet Collective, Family Handyman, People Are Awesome, Reader’s Digest, The Healthy, and Birds and Blooms.
About the role:
Streaming TV at Jukin Media/TMB is seeking an experienced Director, Current Programming and Development, to be a dedicated creative and production leader for the Streaming TV Group. The current Director of Programming and Development understands the creative voice of each channel and is responsible for overseeing, guiding and elevating all programming for each of the streaming television channels. This position will be responsible for communication and workflow within the Streaming TV creative teams. This is an opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing team that sits at the center of the most dynamic part of the content viewing industry. This position will report to the Senior Director, Current Programming and Development, Streaming TV. This position is based in our Los Angeles office.
You are passionate about UGC content and half-hour TV series. You are a phenomenal generator of concepts and ideas. You enjoy creating shows and managing Unscripted TV workflows from all POVs including VO narration, directing and incorporating UGC content into the narrative, and collaborating with and mentoring d other team members. You are able to create and manage a wide range of genres, including comedy, lifestyle and athletics/sports and weather, DIY/home adventure, food and cooking. Above all, you are passionate about challenges, with a strong desire to learn and adapt with the company, grow with our team, and facilitate the success of other team members. This position will report to the Senior Director, Current Programming and Development.
We have offices in New York, Los Angeles, New Delhi, London, Milwaukee and Minnesota. We welcome you to any of our offices, but you can also have the option of working from home.
Your daily life:
- Works with the Senior Director, Current Programming and Development, Streaming TV to establish a long-term creative programming strategy to achieve business unit KPIs (Audience, Sales, Distribution).
- Such a strategy will include a detailed plan and budget to help develop, help commission and acquire programs for the Jukin streaming channels.
- Let’s imagine trade show concepts adapted to our many brands on a daily basis
- Provide creative notes on series, pilots and other assigned projects ensuring brand integrity, creative direction with the right point of view, tone and overall narrative
- Work directly with the social team to identify projects in their group that could be expanded into long-form (half hour) shows
- Provide updates to Social on projects Streaming TV is working on, to help them fuel their short-form content pipeline
- Accept proposals from third-party production companies for potential programming on our streaming TV channels
- Work cross-functionally with Brands, Planning, Production and Sales to ensure each channel’s programming strategy is adhered to.
- Manages all streaming TV programming production from start to finish – both internal teams and external commissions to deliver on time and within budget
- Work closely with internal and external executive producers, producer, editors and production management staff to ensure creative vision and delivery of all shows
- Manage additional elements of creative execution, including graphics package guidance and approvals, and work closely with the promotions team to ensure all promotions are within the creative spirit of the shows
- In addition to ideating and managing entirely original shows, the successful candidate will also learn our existing content library to create clip shows.
- Responsible for elevating and improving the overall quality of content, managing communication and workflow within the TV streaming production team and training and mentoring the team .