Fujitsu Computer Products of America, a provider of imaging solutions, announced the Fujitsu fi-8000 series of business scanners. With over 13 million scanners sold worldwide, Fujitsu continues its two decades of experience in delivering innovative, reliable and high quality products with its new fi-8000 series. Designed to revolutionize the document imaging category with technology backed by 32 new patents (pending), this new scanner series includes innovative, industry-first features to help businesses achieve their digital transformation goals, sustainability and efficiency, allowing organizations to digitize workflows and leverage data that previously only existed on paper.
Thanks to Fujitsu’s unique and exclusive Clear Image Capture technology, the fi-8000 series guarantees exceptional image quality, far exceeding the capabilities of existing optical technologies. Clear Image Capture delivers sharp, crisp images and industry-leading OCR accuracy rates while removing unwanted watermarks and artifacts from documents.
Equally important, the fi-8000 series has been designed with a wide range of flexible connectivity options, from PC-less scanning to USB straight to your application – on premise, private or public cloud. With NX Manager 2.0, on-premises server-based software that supports up to 1000 scanners, businesses can eliminate the need for a PC at each scanner location, resulting in flexible distribution and security manageable. The new series also supports integration with most major document management systems to keep workflows organized in the cloud.
“The fi-8000 Series is the proud result of listening to and meeting the needs of our most valued customers and partners,” said Daisuke Kutsuwada, President and CEO, Fujitsu Computer Products of America. “This new family of scanners offers quality solutions for the real-world pain points that organizations face every day. By truly understanding the needs of the market, the fi-8000 series has been developed with revolutionary technology that will revolutionize the productivity of organizational digitization.
The Fujitsu fi-8000 series supports a wide range of documents, including passports and passbooks up to 7mm, making it ideal for all scanning needs in public sector agencies, finance, health, legal, higher education, manufacturing and retail. The fi-8000 Series enables users to accurately capture and digitize customer and employee data, registration applications, invoices, receipts and more. The series enables unprecedented large-scale scanning in a compact, easy-to-use form factor ideal for front- or back-office operations.
Fujitsu fi-8000 series features:
- Clear Image Capture: Breakthrough optical technology that redefines the benchmark for high-quality image capture to produce images ideal for data mining, research and OCR processing, resulting in accurate and editable PDFs.
- Manual feed mode: Allows the feeding and scanning of forms, glued papers and documents folded in half in A3 format. Supports passport and passbook scans up to 7mm without having to “sandwich” them between carrier sheets.
- Automation Separation Control: The industry’s first feature optimizes the paper separation torque based on the number of sheets loaded. The large capacity tray scans up to 100 sheets at a time and 70 sheets per minute, saving time by preventing misfeeds and interruptions while scanning.
- Improved document protection: Industry-first image monitoring technology monitors image tilt in real time so scans stop once image angles exceed the “safe” range to prevent the documents are not damaged. Intelligent Sonic Paper Protection (ISOP) “listens” for abnormal sounds (such as crumpled paper) and immediately stops the scanner if detected, protecting documents from damage.
- Multi-feed detection: Improved capability to provide automated identification of thick plastic cards and documents with stickers, photos or adhesive labels to avoid double feed detection. Eliminates the need for users to switch profiles based on document type, streamlining scanning of mixed document batches.
- Overscan Control: Detects skewed documents that are at risk of corruption and ensures that all data is captured, eliminating the risk of missing data.
The first commercially available model of the fi-8000 series, the Fujitsu fi-8170, will be available for purchase from March 25, 2022 and costs $1,195. For more information on the Fujitsu fi-8000 series or to purchase, please visit: https://scanners.us.fujitsu.com/fujitsu-scanners/fi-8170