The Community Foundation has a job offer, Financial Associate. Please see the job description below and / or click on the following link http://www.cnycf.org/careers.
TITLE: Financial partner
REPORTS TO: Controller
STATUS: Regular, Full-time, Employee Not exempt
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Financial Associate of the Central New York Community Foundation (“CNYCF”) is responsible for administering the grants and accounts payable process. The position is highly process-oriented, requiring a solutions-oriented individual who can prioritize and multitask, while maintaining a high level of customer service among external and internal constituents.
- Interface with other departments to process grants efficiently, quickly and accurately
- Enter the data into the grant software; ensure that data is correct and properly supported by documentation
- Print checks and create letters of award for all outgoing grants; coordinate the review process
- Processing of accounts payable
- Maintain supplier invoices pending payment; payment schedule
- Enter supplier invoices and cut checks; coordinate the review process
- Administration of credit card statements, including obtaining the appropriate documentation, assembling and scheduling payment
- Creation of manual controls as needed
- Maintain the file for the finance department
- Provide phone coverage / reception as needed
- Work as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure effective and efficient CNYCF operations. At all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisors and co-workers. Other tasks assigned, depending on organizational needs and employee skills.
- Deep interest and commitment to philanthropy and the work of the Community Foundation, with a demonstrated commitment to the Central New York region, its people and their concerns
- At least 1 to 2 years of related work experience in an administrative, data entry or accounting position, preferred
- Computer proficiency, including knowledge of Microsoft Office, and a willingness to learn all relevant software
- Superior customer service skills for external and internal constituents. Excellent listening, follow-up and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work effectively and adapt to multiple demands.
- Highly motivated and self-confident, with the ability to work independently, take initiative, participate as an effective member of the team and follow tasks through to completion.
TIME REQUIREMENT: This is a full-time, non-exempt position requiring 37.5 hours per week. Working hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with some flexibility.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The salary range starts at $ 39,000. Benefits include Medicare, vacation and sick days, twelve paid statutory holidays, term life insurance, supplemental disability insurance, parking, 401 (k) retirement savings program with employer contribution and matching, optional flexible expense accounts for medical or dependent expenses and other benefits as described in the employee handbook.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a Letter of Interest and Resume to [email protected] Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.