New KIOXIA CD7 E3.S Series EDSFF E3.S Data Center SSDs Optimized for Density and Efficiency
TOKYO, November 09, 2021– (BUSINESS WIRE) – Kioxia Corporation today announced the first line of E3.S Enterprise and Data Center SSDs (EDSFF) designed with PCIe® 5.0 technology – the KIOXIA CD7 E3.S series, opening a new era for flash memory used in servers and storage. Building on Kioxia’s E3.S development examples that received the ‘Best in Show’ award at last year’s Flash Memory Summit, the CD7 E3.S series increases flash storage density per drive to optimized energy efficiency and rack consolidation.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211108006197/en/
Kioxia Corporation: Industry’s First EDSFF SSDs Designed with PCIe® 5.0 Technology: KIOXIA CD7 E3.S Series (Photo: Business Wire)
Overcoming the design limitations of the 2.5-inch form factor, the EDSFF E3 family is optimized for the needs of high-performance, highly efficient servers and storage. EDSFF enables the next generation of SSDs to accommodate future data center architectures, while supporting a variety of new devices and applications. It provides improved airflow and thermals, and signal integrity benefits. Support for higher E3.S power budgets than 2.5-inch form-factor SSDs and better signal integrity allow EDSFF to deliver the performance promised by PCIe 5.0 technology and beyond.
Kioxia is an active member and contributor to the industrial development of EDSFF solutions, and works with leading developers of servers and storage systems to unleash the full power of flash memory, NVMe ™ and PCIe.
Main features of CD7 E3.S series
EDSFF E3.S form factor with capacities up to 7.68TB
Designed to the latest PCIe 5.0 specification and optimized for PCIe x2 lane performance
Using fewer PCIe lanes increases the number of PCIe devices that can be supported
Built on Kioxia BiCS FLASH ™ 3D TLC flash memory
Up to 6450MB / s read throughput and 1,050,000 random read IOPS
Read latencies of 75 and 14 write, which are approximately 17% and 60% lower, respectively, than Kioxia’s previous generation PCIe 4.0 SSDs.
LEDs are integrated into the housing of the E3.S models and the status of the SSDs can be recognized visually. This means there is no need to implement additional LEDs, which were traditionally built into the system chassis drive tray, helping to lower system costs.
The KIOXIA CD7 E3.S series is now sampled for some OEM customers.
More information on EDSFF E3 technology can be found in the following white paper from Dell, HPE, and Kioxia.
 As of November 9, 2021, Kioxia survey.
 Compared to 2.5 inch form factor SSDs. “2.5 inch” indicates the form factor of the SSD. It does not indicate the physical size of the drive.
* Capacity definition: Kioxia defines megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes, and terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1 GB = 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and therefore displays less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary depending on file size, formatting, settings, software, and operating system, such as Microsoft operating system and / or preinstalled software applications, or multimedia content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
* PCIe is a registered trademark of PCI-SIG.
* NVMe is a registered or unregistered trademark of NVM Express, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
* All other company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Kioxia is a global leader in memory solutions, dedicated to the development, production and sale of flash memory and SSD drives. In April 2017, its predecessor Toshiba Memory was spun off from Toshiba Corporation, the company that invented NAND flash memory in 1987. Kioxia is committed to uplifting the world with “memory” by delivering products, services and systems that create choice for customers and memory. -value based on the company. Kioxia’s innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH ™, is shaping the future of storage in high density applications including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive and data centers.
Sales Promotion Division
Phone. : + 81-3-6478-2427
* The information contained in this document, including product prices and specifications, service content and contact information, is correct as of the date of advertisement but is subject to change without notice.
See the source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211108006197/en/
Strategic Sales Planning Division
Phone. : + 81-3-6478-2404