ViacomCBS on Wednesday unveiled its content leadership structure for its global streaming services. The measures include the appointment of Tanya Giles, currently managing director of MTV Entertainment Group, as “central programming manager” to oversee content strategy for Paramount + and Pluto TV globally. The changes will take effect immediately.
The new structure includes the replacement of each of the global content leaders from ViacomCBS to oversee their respective genres within Paramount +, all reporting to Chairman and CEO Bob Bakish. These names include:
- George Cheeks, President and CEO of CBS, will also serve as Director of Content, News & Sports, Paramount +, extending world-class content from CBS News and CBS Sports to Super Service.
- Jim Gianopulos, President and CEO of Paramount Pictures, will also serve as Director of Content, Films, Paramount +, bringing to Paramount + the depth and breadth of film expertise of Paramount, one of the most successful film studios. eminent in the world.
- Bruce Gillmer, President of Music, Musical Talent, Programming and Events, will also serve as Director of Content, Music, Paramount +, responsible for leveraging ViacomCBS’s global scale, unrivaled relationship with the music industry and iconic IP library for Paramount +.
- Chris McCarthy, president of MTV Entertainment Group, will also serve as director of content, Unscripted Entertainment and Adult Animation, Paramount +, responsible for unlocking and further expanding ViacomCBS ‘unparalleled catalog of franchises and global formats Unscripted, as well as ‘extend the adult animation IP marquee for Paramount +.
- David Nevins, President and CEO of Showtime Networks, will also serve as Director of Content, Scripted Originals, Paramount +, responsible for building on Paramount + ‘s solid experience in Scripted Originals, including dramas and comedies.
- Nicole Clemens will expand her responsibilities as President of Paramount Television Studios (PTVS) to include President of Paramount + Original Scripted Series. Building on her current role overseeing PTVS, where she continues to report to Gianopulos, she will now lead the original scripted content for Paramount +, reporting to Nevins.
- Brian Robbins, President, Kids & Family Entertainment, will also serve as Director of Content, Kids & Family, Paramount +, responsible for growing the global portfolio of the full line of live action and animation programs for children. and families – both episodic and cinematic – on Paramount +, drawing on some of the service’s most popular content.
“The strong launch and early months of Paramount + demonstrated the power and potential of our platform, as well as the audience’s appetite for a wide and diverse range of content, all in one place,” said Bakish. in a press release confirming the overhaul. “The actions we take today will accelerate this mission by putting ViacomCBS’s most powerful assets – world-class content, iconic brands, global infrastructure and expertise, and the best talent in the industry today – behind our platforms as we are pursuing the global streaming opportunity. Together, our leaders will ensure we deliver the best that our streaming platforms have to offer audiences, with must-have content across all genres and markets in which we operate.
David Nevins in talks to oversee scripted content for Paramount +; Will lose the role of CBS Content Manager
In the newly created role, Giles will oversee and execute a programming strategy for content offerings on both Paramount + and Pluto TV. She will report to Tom Ryan, President and CEO, ViacomCBS Streaming. Kelly Day, President of Streaming and COO, ViacomCBS Networks International, will now work closely with Giles and content leaders to maximize the global content roster. She will continue to report to Ryan and Raffaele Annecchino, President and CEO of VCNI.
Scott Mills will continue to oversee BET + in his capacity as President of BET, reporting to Nevins.
“Tanya is a stellar media executive who brings deep knowledge of our brands and audiences, as well as an unmatched talent for harnessing data to make high impact programming decisions,” said Ryan. “Our content managers know their genres better than anyone and have been instrumental in building a strong roster for Paramount + and growing its audience. Our new structure will allow us to harness their collective expertise even more effectively, strengthening Paramount + as a true super service that delivers the content audiences love, all in one place.