Report Scope: In this report, VPN has been segmented based on type, component, mode of deployment, organization size, end user, and geography. The report covers the global VPN market overview and analyzes market trends, considering the base year 2021 and estimates for 2022-2027.
New York, July 25. 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Reportlinker.com announces the publication of the report “Virtual Private Network (VPN): Global Markets” – https://www.reportlinker.com/p06310247/?utm_source=GNW
Segmentation period revenue forecasts based on type, component, deployment mode, organization size, end user, and geography were estimated with values derived from total revenue of manufacturers.
The report includes:
– 50 data tables and 40 additional data tables
– An up-to-date overview of the global Virtual Private Network (VPN) market in the IT industry
– Global market trend analyses, with historic market revenue for 2021, estimates for 2022 and 2023, and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) projections to 2027
– Highlights of Virtual Private Network market potential and areas to forecast this market in various segments and sub-segments
– Estimation of the actual VPN market size, revenue forecast and corresponding market share analysis on the basis of VPN type, organization size, component, deployment mode, user final and geographic region
– Assessment of key driving trends, challenges, and opportunities in this innovation-driven market, as well as current trends, new developments, and regulatory implications in the market
– Detailed information on increasing investment in R&D activities, key technology issues, industry-specific challenges, major types of end-user markets, and implications of COVID-19 on the progress of this market
– Competitive landscape of major Virtual Private Network market players and updated information on partnerships, agreements and product launches in the global VPN market
– Descriptive company profiles of major global players including Kape Technologies PLC, Nord security, OpenVPN and Proton Technologies AG
VPNs create an encrypted tunnel between the computer and the Internet, ensuring that data and communications are private even when users use public networks. In terms of encryption, there are three main types: hash, symmetric cryptography, and asymmetric cryptography.
Each type of encryption has its strengths and weaknesses, but all encryption tools succeed in scrambling user data so that it becomes useless to others.
There are many VPN protocols or security methods. PPTP, a point-to-point tunneling protocol, is one of the oldest tunneling methods, which is still used today but is widely considered to be one of the least secure tunneling methods.
Other protocols include Transport Layer Security (TLS), Secure Shell (SSH), Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)/Internet Protocol Security (IPSec), Internet Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2), and OpenVPN. Because OpenVPN is an open-source protocol, it is among the most secure because any vulnerabilities in its programming will be discovered and fixed very quickly.
Rising number of cyber attacks will drive the VPN market growth in the coming years. According to statistics from Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., organizations around the world witnessed READACTED % more attacks per week in 2021 compared to the previous year. The report further states that every organization experiences approximately REDACTED cyberattacks per week globally. The company estimated that the costs of cybercrime would reach $1 trillion READACTED by 2025. Because of this, security had become an important standard in both the public and commercial sectors.
Large enterprises are adopting VPN technologies because businesses are more concerned about data security, thereby minimizing cyberattacks on business operations. These cyberattacks include fraud, theft and destruction of data.
Thus, an increasing number of cyberattacks are propelling the growth of network protocols that allow the company to share its data securely over the network. This translates into an increasing demand for VPN solutions over the forecast period.
The global VPN market has been segmented on the basis of its type, component, mode of deployment, organization size, end user, and geography. Based on type, the global VPN market is segmented into site-to-site VPN.
On the basis of components, the global VPN market is segmented into hardware, software and services. Based on organization size, the global VPN market is segmented into large enterprises and small and medium organizations.
Based on mode of deployment, the global VPN market is segmented into on-premises and cloud. Based on end users, the global VPN market is segmented into individual and commercial.
Geographically, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (including South America, Middle East, and Africa).
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06310247/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need – instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: [email protected] US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001